IDEA is a student-led group with the vision to move towards a more equitable learning environment for OS & OT learners. To actualize this vision, we leverage our collective experiences and knowledge to plan and implement equity initiatives that foster new learning and personal growth.
Membership of IDEA work collaboratively together to:
- Provide a forum for students to identify opportunities to learn about the experiences of people from historically marginalized groups
- Promote discussions and facilitate learning about the impact of sociocultural factors on people and communities in relation to occupation and participation
- Plan, coordinate, and implement equity initiatives that move toward a more safe and inclusive learning environmental for OS & OT students
For more information, please visit the IDEA Facebook page.
- Facilitated workshops at the Faculty of Medicine’s 2019 Summer Mentorship Program
- Hosted a film screening and discussion on climate change and occupational identity for OS&OT students in April 2019
- Hosted the first Black Futures Month workshop for OS&OT students in February 2019
IDEA Members, 2019
Riley Saikaly, Jamie Laframboise, Linda Li, Stephanie Seilman, Emma Collingwood, Sumaira Khan, Jasmine Bacola, Lisa Dos Santos, Janany Jeyasundaram, Jenani Shanthalinkam, Yumeng Fu, Sarah Burris, Premika Premachandiran, Samanta Rivas-Argueta